Tips & FAQs
- Fundraising Tips
- Registration Questions
- Connect your Strava account
- Fundraising Incentives
- Participant Center
- Frequently Asked Questions
Crossing the fundraising finish line is easy! Follow some simple tips you will be doing your part to Tackle Kids Cancer!
- Invite your family and friends to support your run, and share your page with their family and friends. The more people that see your page, the more supporters you will have!
- Your why: Think of a personal story or reason that you are raising money for Tackle Kids Cancer, and share your story on your page. Use a photo or video to make it even more relatable!
- Post your fundraising link on your personal Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter accounts encourage your supporters to share it with their friends! Tag us (@TackleKidsCancer) and don’t forget to hashtag #TeamTKC, #ElisChallenge and #tacklekidscancer!
- One ask is not enough! Remind your family and friends regularly about your run and send them updates on your progress.
- Say thank you to all your supporters! Tag them in a public Faceboook post or include a thank you in a group email it's a great way to subtly remind others to make their donation.
There are many ways you can join #TeamTKC Powered by Eli’s Challenge.
If you want to fundraise, as an individual and not as a team, click the REGISTER button, then select "I would like to participate as an individual" on the registration step. Or here for reference. You will be able to customize your personal page, solicit donations, connect to your Strave account to show millles logged and track fundraising progress.
If you want to fundraise as part of a group, you can create your own team or join an existing team.
Clicking the REGISTER button will start a new team and make you team captain. This also registers you within that team. You will be able to name your team, set the fundraising goal, recruit others to join your team, solicit donations, and track your progress. You will be able to set up and personalize your team page as well as your own personal page.
To join an existing team, after you click REGISTER, select the "I would like to join an existing team" option. Or here for reference. This allows you to join an existing team that maybe a friend or family member started. You will be able to fundraise as part of a larger group. The team goal will be set by the team captain but you can set your own personal goal, customize your own page and solicit donations from friends, family and others.
If running or participating in some sort of endurance race is not for you, you can still join this virtual event as an ambassador! Follow the steps above for either registering solo or as a team/with a team, and follow the prompts to register as an AMBASSADOR. This will allow you to fundraise however you choose without participating in the endurance portion of the challenge.
Or simply click the DONATE button and make a gift in support of a team, specific participant or directly to the campaign. Every dollar counts and has double the impact thanks to the Eli’s Challenge Matching Gift from Eli Manning!
After clicking REGISTER button you will have the option of joining as a new user or logging in if you are a returning user. If you have supported Tackle Kids Cancer or Hackensack University Medical Center Foundation in the past you may be a Returning User. There is an option to have your login information emailed to you in case you don’t remember your username.
Once you have logged in or joined as a new user, the registration process consists of 3-4 basic steps:
Select Participant Type ATHLETE if you are racing or participating in an endurance activity (run, walk, bike, swim or other up to you!) or AMBASSADOR if you want to focus on fundraising for our work, without logging miles
There is no fee to join the Challenge so all you need to do is enter Your Fundraising Goal. Our recommended minimum is $500 but you can set it to whatever you are most comfortable with. See fundraising incentives (coming soon!) for different benefits at various levels!
You can also kick off your fundraising by making a personal donation, and while not required it is recommended for best success with your efforts.
Provide Details - Complete the form with your personal information. If you are an existing user, this information should pre-populate in the form.
Review - Review and confirm your registration information
Make Payment - If you decided to make a gift in support of your own effort, you will be asked to enter and submit your billing information.
Once your registration is complete, you will be prompted to access your participant center. Here you can customize your page, if logging miles this is where you will also connect to a Strava account, and send emails to friends, family, colleagues and others to help in your fundraising efforts.
- In Strava Profile Page: Click 'Share Your Rides' or 'Share your Runs'
- A window will pop up - "Which Profile Widget do you want to embed"; select the activity embed code or the summary embed code, depending on what information you want to sync on your fundraising page
- Copy the embed code and paste into a notepad or word document
- Look at the code and find the "src=" section; adding them to the Strava Update Question Response section in your Participant Center
- Strava Member ID code = the string of numbers after "/athletes/" before the next /
- Strava Token code = the string of letters and numbers after "/latest-rides/" before the next /
Upon registering, individuals receive: free registration; training & nutrition tips for racing; personalized fundraising support with fun incentives; personalized fundraising page.
Individuals and team captains can then receive these benefits upon reaching individual or team fundraising milestones:
Individual Incentives: reach these milestone levels and receive:
- $500 = exclusive #TeamTKC Virtual Race 2021 participant shirt
- $1,000 = exclusive #TeamTKC Virtual Race 2021 tote bag
- $1,500 = exclusive #TeamTKC Virtual Race 2021 participant sweatshirt
- Top Individual Fundraiser = Virtual Meet & Greet with Eli Manning, date TBD, in 2021.
Team Incentives: when team meets fundraising milestone level, team captain receives the notification. Individuals can also qualify for individual incentives, in addition to team captains qualifying when their team hits a team fundraising milestone:
- $5,000 = Up to (12) #TeamTKC Virtual Race 2021 swag items; Team included on #TeamTKC website as a top fundraising team
- $10,000 = $5,000 milestone incentives plus check presentation with Hackensack Meridian Health leadership
- $25,000 = $10,000 milestone incentives plus logo on Tackle Kids Cancer website for one (1) year, two (2) Giants home game Legend tickets (mutually agreed upon date, subject to availability), post race social media post and thank you, inclusion in post race press release
- $50,000 = $25,000 milestone incentives plus additional two (2) Giants home game Legend tickets (mutually agreed upon date, subject to availability)
- Top Fundraising Team = Five (5) attendees participate in post-fundraiser virtual meet & greet with Eli Manning (date tbd, in 2021)
To support a team or participant, click the DONATE button. Search for the participant or the team you want to support. Once you find the participant or team, click the name to open that page. Click the DONATE NOW button on that page to donate in support of that participant or team. Enter the gift and billing information then click Process. Online transactions require a credit card. To donate by check follow instructions below:
Make check payable to:
Hackensack University Medical Center Foundation (in memo put TeamTKC/Eli’s Challenge and the team or participant you are supporting) and mail your check to:
Tackle Kids Cancer
c/o HackensackUMC Foundation
160 Essex St., Ste. 101
Lodi, NJ 07644-2701
Questions about donating? Contact our team:
Lauren.Willis@hmhn.org or 551-996-3573
The Participant Center also allows you to track your personal and team progress, log miles if you connect to a personal STRAVA account, change your goals, set custom URLs, and enter offline gifts.
The Participant Center has four or five sections, depending on if you are a team captain or not. Each section is denoted by different tabs at the top of the page. These tabs are:
HOME - The home tab provides an overview of the team or person’s fundraising progress. Optional next steps are included to help the participant move their fundraising effort forward. A Team Captain may also have options on their home tab to view the team roster, email the team, and provide a message to the team members. This is alslo where you can update the "Questions" which include your STRAVA account information.
EMAIL - The email tab provides a four step process to configure and draft an email, determine recipients and send various messages. The email tab provides template emails for participants to use to recruit teammates, solicit donations, and thank supporters.
PROGRESS - Displays the personal or team fundraising progress. Buttons on the right allow the team Captain to switch from a team overview to a personal overview.
PERSONAL PAGE - The Personal Page tab allows the participant to customize their personal fundraising page. When customizing your page, you should think about why you are participating. Your story is important so don’t be afraid to share it with others. Each participant can also add a photo or video to their personal page.
TEAM PAGE - The Team Page tab allows the team captain to customize their team page. When customizing the team page, you should think about why the team is participating. The team’s story is important and it should be reflected on the team’s page. Each team page can include a photo.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I can’t login to my page. How do I retrieve or reset my password?
A: To reset your password, click the LOGIN button at the top of the screen. There will be login assistance options on the following screen. Click the Forgot User Name link to have your User Name emailed to you or click the Forgot Password link to reset your password. You will need to use the email address that was used to create your account.
Q: Will Eli’s match be added to my team’s total?
A: Eli’s matching contribution will be counted towards the total for the overall campaign but will not be added to personal or team totals.
Q: Where do I find the URL to my personal (or team) page?
A: You can find the URL for your personal or team page in your Participant Center. If you are not already logged in, you will need to first login to the site. Click the Participant Center button at the top of the page. Navigate to the appropriate tab by clicking the Personal Page tab or Team Page tab. The specific URL is listed in the top of this section. You can highlight the URL, right click on it and select “Copy” then paste it into emails, social media or elsewhere as appropriate.
Q: Can I customize my personal or team URL?
A: You can find the URL for your personal or team page in your Participant Center. If you are not already logged in, you will need to first login to the site. Click the Participant Center button at the top of the page. Navigate to the appropriate tab by clicking the Personal Page tab or Team Page tab. Click on the URL Settings link at the top of the Personal Page or Team Page tab. The beginning of the URL cannot be changed but you are able to add custom text to the end. Please note that the custom text must be unique. Be sure to click the Save button to complete the change.
Q: How do I change my fundraising goal?
A: You can find your personal fundraising goal in your Participant Center. If you are not already logged in, you will need to first login to the site. Click the Participant Center button at the top of the page. On either the Home or Progress tab, your goal is listed in the middle of the page. You can click the “Change” link to edit your goal. Click Submit to save the change.
If you are a team captain, you can also change your team’s fundraising goal. In your participant center, navigate to the Progress tab. On the right side, select the team option. The team goal is listed in the middle of the page. You can click the “Change” link to edit your goal. Click Submit to save the change.
Q: Can I donate to a team?
A: From the main page, click the DONATE button. Gifts can be made in support of an individual participant or team. Enter the participant’s first and/or last name or on the team search option, enter the team name. Click the search button (Note: to return a list of all teams or participants, leave the search fields blank and simply click search). Once you find the team, click the name to open that page. Click the DONATE NOW button on that page to donate in support of that team. Enter the gift and billing information then click Process.
Q: The information on this page was great but I still need some assistance. How can I get help?
A: For general event questions, contact TackleKidsCancer@WCPG.co
For technical support, contact Lauren.Willis@hmhn.org
For corporate sponsorships or for other giving opportunities with Tackle Kids Cancer, contact Amy.Glazer@hmhn.org