Welcome to TKC Endurance Program Training Room. Here you will find information to help you navigate the site as well as instructions to join the challenge as an individual, form a team, join a team, personalize your page and find answers to frequently asked questions. Click a link below to jump to that section or scroll through the page to find the information you need to be successful.
RUN WITH TEAM TKC
There are many ways you can join TKC Endurance Program and help Tackle Kids Cancer.
- Once you have officially registered for the race with the Tackle Kids Cancer office (contact Lauren Coticchio Willis at 551-996-3573 or Lauren.Willis@HackensackMeridian.org) you can start your personal fundraising page. To get started click the START FUNDRAISING button. You will be able to customize your personal page, solicit donations and track your progress.
- If you are supporting a runner, simply click the DONATE button, search for that participant and make a gift to their page. Every dollar counts and your help is needed.
START YOUR FUNDRAISING PAGE
- After clicking the START FUNDRAISING button on the Endurance Run home page you will have the option of joining as a new user or logging in if you are a returning user. If you have supported Tackle Kids Cancer or HackensackUMC in the past you may be a Returning User. There is an option to have your login information emailed to you in case you don’t remember your username.
- Once you have logged in or joined as a new user, the registration process consists of 3-4 basic steps:
1. Select Options - There is no registration fee to Run with TeamTKC so all you need to do is enter Your Fundraising Goal/commit to the fundraising minimum. You also have the option of making a gift in support of your own effort.
2. Provide Details - Complete the form with your personal information. If you are an existing user, this information should pre-populate in the form.
3. Review - Review and confirm your registration information
4. Make Payment - If you decided to make a gift in support of your own effort, you will be asked to enter and submit your billing information.
- Once your registration is complete, you will be prompted to access your participant center. Here you can customize your page and send emails to friends, family, colleagues and others to help in your fundraising efforts. Click here for more information on the Participant Center .
- Please note: creating your fundraising page on our website does not automatically register you officially for the race. To be officially registered to run the race, you must be in touch and have received confirmation from the Tackle Kids Cancer team/Lauren Coticchio Willis. (contact info: Lauren.Willis@HackensackMeridian.org or call 551-996-3573).
To support a participant, click the DONATE button. Search for the participant you want to support. Once you find the participant, click the name to open that page. Click the DONATE NOW button on that page to donate in support of that participant. Enter the gift amount and billing information then click Process. Online transactions require a credit card. To donate by check, please download and print donation form and mail your check to:
Tackle Kids Cancer
c/o HackensackUMC Foundation
160 Essex St., Ste. 101
Lodi, NJ 07644
The Participant Center is your fundraising tool box. This is where you can draft and send emails to family and friends asking them to support your efforts. The Participant Center also allows you to track your personal progress, change your goals, set custom URLs, and enter offline gifts.
The Participant Center has four sections. Each section is denoted by different tabs at the top of the page. These tabs are:
- HOME - The home tab provides an overview of the person’s fundraising progress. Optional next steps are included to help the participant move their fundraising effort forward.
- EMAIL - The email tab provides a four step process to configure and draft an email, determine recipients and send various messages. The email tab provides template emails for participants to use to recruit teammates, solicit donations, and thank supporters.
- PROGRESS - Displays the personal or team fundraising progress.
- PERSONAL PAGE - The Personal Page tab allows the participant to customize their personal fundraising page. When customizing your page, you should think about why you are running in support of Tackle Kids Cancer. Your story is important so don’t be afraid to share it with others. Each participant can also add a photo or video to their personal page.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: I can’t login to my page. How do I retrieve or reset my password?
A: To reset your password, click the LOGIN button at the top of the screen. There will be login assistance options on the following screen. Click the Forgot User Name link to have your User Name emailed to you or click the Forgot Password link to reset your password. You will need to use the email address that was used to create your account.
Q: Where do I find the URL to my personal (or team) page?
A: You can find the URL for your personal or team page in your Participant Center. If you are not already logged in, you will need to first login to the site. Click the Participant Center button at the top of the page. Navigate to the appropriate tab by clicking the Personal Page tab or Team Page tab. The specific URL is listed in the top of this section. You can highlight the URL, right click on it and select “Copy” then paste it into emails, social media or elsewhere as appropriate.
Q: Can I customize my personal or team URL?
A: You can find the URL for your personal or team page in your Participant Center. If you are not already logged in, you will need to first login to the site. Click the Participant Center button at the top of the page. Navigate to the appropriate tab by clicking the Personal Page tab. Click on the URL Settings link at the top of the Personal Page. The beginning of the URL cannot be changed but you are able to add custom text to the end. Please note that the custom text must be unique. Be sure to click the Save button to complete the change.
Q: How do I increase my fundraising goal?
A: You can find your personal fundraising goal in your Participant Center. If you are not already logged in, you will need to first login to the site. Click the Participant Center button at the top of the page. On either the Home or Progress tab, your goal is listed in the middle of the page. You can click the “Change” link to edit your goal. Click Submit to save the change.
Q: What is an offline donation?
A: Offline donations are gifts made by cash or check. These gifts can be added to personal totals by navigating to the Participant Center. You must first login to the site, then click the Participant Center button at the top of the page. On the Home tab, click the Enter New Gift button on the right hand side. Enter the required information and click the Add button. The gift amount will be added to your personal and/or team totals. The gift will be considered unconfirmed until the Tackle Kids Cancer office receives and processes the actual check or cash donation (see below for additional information on how to handle donations by cash or check).
Q: How do I handle donations made by cash or check?
A: Most donations will be made using credit cards on the secure website. However, some supporters will prefer to donate using cash or check. As the fundraiser, you will be responsible for collecting these gifts and sending them to Tackle Kids Cancer for processing.
All checks received by you, the fundraiser, should be recorded on the Offline Gift Form. Checks should be made payable to Hackensack University Medical Center Foundation and mailed, along with the Offline Gift Form, to Tackle Kids Cancer, c/o HackensackUMC Foundation, 160 Essex St., Ste. 101, Lodi, NJ, 07644. If the donor requests, they can send their gift directly to us at the above address. The donor should include the participant’s name in the memo field so we can properly credit the gift to the correct participant.
Cash donations should also be tracked on the Offline Gift Form. The money should be collected and deposited into a checking account and a single check, made payable to Hackensack University Medical Center Foundation. The check, along with the Offline Gift Form should then be mailed to Tackle Kids Cancer, c/o HackensackUMC Foundation, 160 Essex St., Ste. 101, Lodi, NJ 07644. The names and specific amounts recorded on the Offline Gift Form will be individually credited for their donations.
Q: The information on this page was great but I still need some assistance. How can I get help?
- To contact the Tackle Kids Cancer team, call 844-775-KIDS (5437) or email: Lauren.Willis@HackensackMeridian.org.
- To get fundraising advice, help with your personal page or discuss a fundraising event, email Lauren.
- To get technical support help, email Courtney.
FORMS & POLICIES